Let’s Get Started!
Here’s how to start a SUSS team in your school:
- Identify an adult who will serve as your faculty advisor
- Recruit students to join SUSS. Schools are encouraged to develop teams from a broad spectrum of their school population. SUSS teams should have every grade represented and as many students from different social groups as possible.
- Get the support of your principal. Ask your faculty advisor to set up a meeting to discuss what SUSS is and how you want to bring this program to your school.
- Set up your first meeting time, place and date.
- Grab a friend to help you publicize it. Make posters for the hallways and submit a statement to be read on the morning announcements.
- Hold an introductory meeting. At your first meeting ask everyone to introduce themselves and why they want to be part of SUSS. Brainstorm ideas how SUSS can make a difference in your school.
- Work with your faculty advisor to administer CAPS’ online SUSS survey.
- Receive your school’s individual survey data report from CAPS. This will be an important tool for your SUSS team to identify how the attitudes of the students at your school shape their views about bullying behavior.
- YOU ARE READY TO SET UP TRAINING!
- Click here for more information about training.
Ready to Get Started?
Fill Out This Brief Form & A Member of the S.U.S.S. Team will Contact You
Fill out my online form.